Pacifica Schools’ District-Wide
November 30 – December 18, 2020
Welcome to the first Pacifica Schools’ District-Wide Move-a-thon!
Our goals are: to provide all Pacifica students and families with fun ways to exercise together in the period between Thanksgiving and Winter Break; to build a sense of community regardless of your school situation this year; and to raise a little money for all of our local schools.
The Move-a-thon is free and open to all students (TK-8) in the Pacifica School District, including the district homeschool program, and also the Linda Mar Education Center Preschool. Parents and guardians, and younger siblings are encouraged to participate too.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Register by filling out this form (one per participant in each family).
2. Make a donation to your home school PTO using the donation links below. Although this is optional, please consider making a donation if you can. The inability to host large in-person events has made fundraising especially challenging this year. (We are working on a way for families to donate to the district Homeschooling Program, and will add that information as soon as we get it).
Ingrid B. Lacy Middle School PTO
Linda Mar Education Center Preschool
3. Print out a Bingo card for each week:
4. For each week of the Move-a-thon, try to do five activities in a row in any direction, or challenge yourself to do all of them. Feel free to substitute a favorite activity (biking, running, hiking, dancing, etc.) in place of the ideas on the Bingo Board. Try to get at least 15 minutes of exercise for five or more days each week.
Bonus: Don’t miss the free Move-A-Thon Jingle Dance Jamboree, generously offered by Coastside Dance, on Saturday, December 5 from 10am to 10:45am.
Alternatively: Run a 5K with your family by keeping track of how far you run together, either all at once or over the course of a week.
5. For each week that you exercised at least five days, fill out this form to be entered into the raffle. Each participant (kids and adults) needs to fill out a form. You may only submit one form per week for a total of three forms by Sunday, December 20.
6. The raffle will be held the week of Monday, December 21. All prize recipients will be notified via email, so please keep an eye out for messages that week.
Raffle Prizes Include:
- A Free Dance Class, Water Bottle, and Tote Bag from Coastside Dance School
- A Free Summer Camp Registration from Spindrift School of Performing Arts
- Free swim passes from Pacifica Parks, Beaches, and Recreation
- Discount on surf classes from University of Surfing
- Gift cards from Fog City Java
- Gift card from Sirens
- Gift cards from Fog City Yogurt
- Gift card from Rosalind Bakery
- Gift certificates from Florey’s Book Co.
- Gift cards from Grocery Outlet
- Jump Ropes
PLUS, Raffle Prizes for Adult Participants
- Free class from Pacifica Boot Camp
- Free sleep consultation from Noeleen Lang of Doula Basics
- Gift card from Royal Bee Yarn Company
THANK YOU TO THESE LOCAL BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUALS FOR THEIR GENEROSITY:
- Coastside Dance School
- Doula Basics
- Pacifica Boot Camp
- Pacifica Parks, Beaches, and Recreation
- Spindrift School for the Performing Arts
- University of Surfing
- Janice Gydesen
- Suzanne Lifson-Salazar
- Gina Smith
- Laura Tinari